There are three ways to use the new PKR:
- Browse and click on color-coded boxes that appear as if by magic as you scroll down.
- Click on a category for all the ParenTips under that particular category.
- Go to the Site Map (link) for an:
- a) alphabetical list of all ParenTips.
- b) A list of all 8 categories with every ParenTip in that category listed alphabetically.
Or mix and match! Have fun as you get the information you need!
When your teenager demands more freedom here is a check list to help both you and your teen determine whether there is enough RESPONSIBILITY to warrant that freedom.
A responsible teen:
- RESPECTS HIMSELF/HERSELF
- RESPECTS OTHERS
- HAS DEVELOPED A LOVE OF LEARNING
- HAS LEARNED SELF-CONTROL
- IS EMPATHIC
- IS DEVELOPING PRO-SOCIAL VALUES
- IS KIND
- STAYS IN SCHOOL
- DREAMS, PLANS, AND PREPARES FOR A FUTURE
- MAKES WISE CHOICES (MOST OF THE TIME!)
- FOLLOWS THE RULES AND OBEYS THE LAW
- DOES NOT HARM SELF OR OTHERS (no drugs, violence, or irresponsible sex)
- IS BUILDING A VALUE SYSTEM TO BECOME A PRODUCTIVE, INVOLVED CITIZEN
- HAS A SENSE OF COMMUNITY
- THINKS FOR HIMSELF/HERSELF
TELL YOUR FRIENDS THEY CAN GET A PROFESSIONAL, PERSONAL, AND PRIVATE ANSWER TO THEIR PARENTING QUESTIONS BY GOING TO info@ParentKidsRight.com
- Friday, 23 August 2013 21:19